February 18, 2012

The Row of Dreams

The Row has once again caught my attention and had me vividly dreaming of it's beautiful clothes. Let it be noted that I am still not over their last collection, so the fact that this one has also impressed me has me making outfits from both collections for my dream life. I know am in this awkward phase where I am dreaming of mixing Spring and Winter clothes. I'm perfectly fine with it however, seeing as The Row creates collections that make you want wear them year round.

Here are my favorite looks from the most recent collection of the Olsen Twins.

Let's take the time to admire the beautiful fur coats, and the dress. I mean I'm sure that the fur dress has been done before, but this piece is so beautiful. The creamy off-white fur is so alluring. I think the color goes so well against the skin, and I love the sheer back that is incorporated throughout the collection. I love the length of the two fur coats. Not only are the colors just remarkably stunning, I love the way the coats have this length that takes up about 75% of your body, but doesn't really drown the body in fur. The cut of the second fur coat really caught my eye. It's like and elegant loincloth-coat. It really creates this original shape that really catches the eye of the beholder.
I really love the neutrals colors in the collection. It really brings me these sandy vibes, which ironically go well with the sandals. The colors are so refreshing, and it could be the fact that I'm just obsessed with neutrals at the moment. It makes me happy that I will still see neutral colors next season. Now let's talk about my favorite accessory of NYFW. THE ROW FANNY PACK. I would be able to look so effortlessly chic while walking around town with my leather fanny pack. No need to carry big bags, or fill your pockets with stuff, when you conveniently have a rosy-nude leather pouch. I just planned so many outfits that I would wear to different places, just based around this fanny pack. The first that came to mind was making my long awaited trip to the zoo, with a satiric kangaroo inspired outfit. I make my self so emotional with my ideas.
Sheer clothing is my weakness in life. The Olsen Twins really perfected sheer by making it so elegant. You always run the risk of looking vulgar with sheer, however it is incorporated in such a beautiful manner in this collection. The cuts of the creamy sheer pieces are so nostalgic, and look like they flow so gracefully when you walk.

I'm content that the Olsens have managed to become such respected designers. They really are the future of American fashion. I was reading an article the other day, and it talked about how all the powerhouse designers were so late and age, and how there was a fear that the American Fashion Industry would be affected when they stopped designing. I however have no fear, because The Row is here. I really think that The Row is going to expand into such a powerful position in the years to come.

Photos provided by VOGUE.

No comments:

Post a Comment